Friday, March 16, 2012

MARCH 16, 2012 - BACK TO BLOGGING



Seriously, why have I been up since 430am?!  I need to probably be sleeping right now but I'm just laying here wondering why I'm not, therefore, I'm not. :)

I've been wanting to restart my blog again for a while, so now is a perfect time. No distractions, nobody calling me, nothing but my notepad on my iPhone and my available mind.

I don’t even know where to begin because it's been so long since I've written to you.  2012 has been good to me and it's only March!! I'm back doing what I love...playing shows.  The shows are a little bit different than a few years ago though. Most of the shows are just myself plus three musicians. And guess what, we're not riding on a fancy bus.... at least not for a while. We are actually riding across the country in whatever large SUV I can rent that weekend for a good deal.  To most, this might seem like a step backwards in the life of a touring artist but for me, I am back doing what I love so it’s a step in the right direction! Quite honestly, I laughed more on our last trip to Alabama in a Ford Expedition than I ever did on a bus. Haha.... getting to know the guys a little better is really awesome. Sure, there are times in the car where we are all tuned in to our Facebook, email, iTunes, or whatever, but for the most part we are entertaining each other somehow, some way!!

When I'm not driving to play a show, I'm writing and recording the follow up to my "Alive" project with Jason Collum. It's been a fun process trying to decide what to write about or what instrumentation to use on the tracks.  My thinking as far as production goes has been simple is better for me. I want to recreate the sound on the road that I can in the studio so complicated tracks are not what I'm looking for when we are working.  And like always, words and emotions are what draw me to a particular song/artist so that is very important to maintain in these new sessions.  I can't wait to get this new music to ya!!

NEW VIDEO!! I bet by now you have seen my new video for "Whiskey and You"! I am so proud of this video so check it out on this site or CMT.com or GAC.com and if you like it, please vote for it!!

Personally, I am doing great! Health wise I am feeling awesome. Of course, I always think I would feel better if I lost 5-7 pounds so I am always working towards that goal, but other than that, I am fantastic. I live a little more now too! If I want to taste a dessert, I taste it!!! If I want a glass of wine, I order it.  If I want sweet potato fries with my burger, I order them! I might only eat a few but I have them!  Life is more fun for me like that!  In the near future, I am going to get really strict with myself for about 6-8 weeks and eat very clean (no processed foods, only lean protein, clean veggies). I haven't done that in a long time and want to give my healthy living a kick-start!!

I'm in the process of planning a new website with Douglas. What I'm most excited about the site is that it will be really easy to navigate and I will be able to do small, short blogs every day if I want to...and right now I want to!!! That will be coming in the next few months.

It's almost 6am now which means Mama's alarm will be going off soon and the sun will begin to peek through my blinds.

It was so awesome writing to you this morning! I can't wait to do it again. In the meantime, please come out and see us on the road!! I love saying hi to all of you!!  Show schedules are updated on this site!  I am also still signing my CDs if you order them from my website and as always, I will sign after every live show!  Thank you all for your continued support of my dreams!  See ya on the road soon!!
God Bless You!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear the new music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool to see you back blogging. And cannot wait to see the new website. I've been doing Internet Marketing for almost 14 years so these things excite me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete